African Methodist Episcopal Zion University (AMEZU) Tuition and Fees
The A.M.E. Zion University cannot charge its students the full cost of their education as long as admission to college is based upon intellectual ability rather than the possession of an adequate income. The Founder, the present Visitor, the Board of Trustees and the Faculty of the University have all participated in developing a philosophy with regard to tuition fees that will make it possible for even the poorest student in the nation to receive an education. The policy reflects the attitude of the present approach of the Republic toward education and the preparation of its manpower for the future development of Liberia.
The following rules will guide the refunding of fees to students who withdraw or drop from the university:
1. The student activity fees, breakage fees, the laboratory fees, application fees and late fees are not refundable.
2. A student will be entitled to 80 per cent of the tuition fee if he/she drops out or withdraws within the first week following the official close of registration, whether he/she has attended classes or not; and written communication to be sent the Dean of Student Affairs for dropping from school.
3. A student will be entitled to 50 per cent of the tuition fee if he/she withdraws not earlier than the second week but not later than the fourth week after registration closes officially, whether he/she attended classes or not.
4. No refund will be given a student if he/she drops out or withdraws at least 30 day after classes begin. Students who have been dismissed from the University for Disciplinary Reason will not be entitled to any refund of fees.
REGULATIONS RELATED TO FEES
Each student whose registration has been completed will be considered a student of the university during the semester for which he/she is registered unless his/her connection with the University is officially severed by withdrawal or for other reasons. No student registered in any other school, either at the University or at any other institution, without special authorization of the Dean of the University in which he/she is first registered.
The privileges of the University are not available to any student until he/she has completed his /her registration. Since, according to University regulations, payment of fees is part of registration, no student’s registration is completed until his/her fees have been paid or arranged for deferred payment. No student is permitted to attend any University courses for which he/she is not officially registered. Nor may any student register after the stated period until he/she obtains the written consent of the proper Dean. All fees are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the Faculty and Board of Trustees.
TUITION AND FEES FOR ACADEMIC 2012-2014
A. Regular Fee
Tuition (L$870.00 per credit hour) L$870.00 @ 15 = L$13,050.00
1. Registration fee (s) . . . . . . . $500.00
2. Computer Lab . . . . . . . $700.00
3 .Non Refundable Breakage . . . . . . . $200.00
4. Library Fee (s) . . . . . . . $100.00
5. I.D. Card . . . . . . . $300.00
6. Student Activity fee . . . . . . . $125.00
7. Insurance . . . . . . . $100.00
8. Debut . . . . . . . $60.00
9. Sports . . . . . . . $75.00
10. Relocation . . . . . . . $50.00
11. Late Registration . . . . . . . $500.00
12. Transfer in . . . . . . . $1,500.00
13. Transfer Out . . . . . . . $2,500.00
14 .Re-Admission . . . . . . . $800.00
15. Entrance and Placement Exam . . . . . . . $2,000.00
PAYMENT OF FEES
Tuition, laboratory fees, students activity fees and others are payable at the bank as part of registration. If these fees are paid after the last day of registration, late fee is imposed. Entering students are requested to pay application fee and Entrance and Placement Examination fee at the specified periods for applying and sitting the Entrance and Placement Examinations.
In special cases, upon payment of a nominal fee, permission may be obtained from the Comptroller of the University to defer the payment of tuition during registration. When the privilege of deferred payment has been granted, each payment must be made on the due date. In the case of withdrawal, the entire bill for tuition will become due immediately