Director of Finance & Administration Job Vacancy In Liberia Opening In December 2018
Cardno is currently seeking a qualified Director of Finance & Administration for an anticipated USAID Liberia Health Systems Strengthening (LHSS) activity. The project’s goal is to support the delivery of efficient, responsive, equitable, and quality health services for improved access and health status in Liberia. The success of project activities will result in the following achievements: Improved management capacity of MOH at all levels; Improved RMNCH and malaria patient outcomes; and Financial risk protection with better financing for the health sector.
The Director of Finance & Administration will contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of Liberians.
This position will be based in Monrovia and is contingent upon contract award to Cardno and approval of the candidate.
- Work to ensure strong financial management and adequate internal controls of the program’s funds; that proper approvals and other contractual requirements are met; that all deliverables and required contractual documentation are filed
- Coordinate with the Cardno home office project management team on overall financial, compliance, and contractual requirement issues
- Develop and oversee implementation of project human resources, financial management, and operational policies and procedures
- Provide direction and guidance to local staff and subcontractor staff on compliance issues, procurement standards/requirements, administrative functions, financial, HR, fleet management and logistical questions
- Track expenditures to ensure spending is in line with field operational budget
- Develop funding requests based on upcoming project activities and in line with the field budget
- Supervise financial management of the project and ensure accuracy of statements and funding requests provided to home office and USAID
- Ensure the sound use of grant funding and compliance with financial regulations in coordination with grants management staff and project partners
- Provide timely and accurate feedback/responses to home office project management team
- Submit required tax reports and monthly field reports on time.
- MBA/MA (or equivalent) in relevant field
- Seven or more years of experience in Finance, Administration and Operations
- Experience on donor-funded project in Liberia
- Liberian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s
team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment – to learn more about Cardno Emerging
Markets USA, Ltd.
All interested parties should submit a CV to email@example.com before the date of closing, December 1, 2018