Project Accountant Job Vacancy In Liberia Opening In December 2018
Position Title: Project Accountant
Report to: National Project Coordinator
Status: Regular, Full Time (Eligible to work in Liberia)
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Date: November 2, 2018
Background: The Liberia Law Society is seeking a Project Accountant to join their Finance department.
Primary Functions: The Project Accountant will be fully responsible for the process of project billing to customers and collecting payments, investigating variances, approving expenses, responding to financial queries, verifying employees chargeable time, in accordance with the establish accounting standards and the financial policy and financial reporting to project partners of Liberia Law Society (LLS).
- To be responsible for all aspects of financial management in the Organization in compliance with acceptable standards and procedures.
- To be responsible for effective financial management and oversight of project finances, including compliance with donor standards.
- Effectively communicate with Project Coordinator (PC) and higher-ups, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional information-related to the project.
- To be responsible to prepare annual budget of the organization and other donor budgets as required. Monitor expenditure against these budgets and advice the Project Manager and Legal Consultant of expenditure-to-date and variances arising.
- Responsible for verifying, on a monthly basis, which projects need to be billed and coordinating the accurate and timely billing with the Project Manager according to contract requirements. Responsible to review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in the institution.
- Review monthly time sheets, along with the Finance Director.
- Fully responsible for daily, accurate, valid and complete recording of the organization cash book (bank and petty-cash) and ensure postings of these expenditures are done on a weekly basis.
Liberia Law Society
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate funds are maintained for all areas of project work, bank transfers are made as appropriate, monthly bank reconciliations are undertaken on time, and the necessary arrangements for obtaining and securing petty cash are in place and maintained.
- Prepare special project analyses for the Project Manager and others.
- Prepare monthly payrolls reflecting the National Social Security Corporation payments, and Income Withholding Taxes and ensure such payments are made to the appropriate authority.
- Ensure that the Organization is in compliance to Liberia Tax Law and Financial regulations.
- Responsible for close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial reports to donors, and documents for annual or donor audits, ensuring that all costs and activities are charged to the appropriate donor budget lines.
- Ensure daily filing of all documents processed for audit trail purposes.
- Reconcile Transportation Allowance Forms and Attendance Sheets.
- Communicate and coordinate with partners and Field Staff.Perform additional assignments as directed by the Project Coordinator.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics and Management, a Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in all Microsoft office applications and basic accounting software.
- More than 5 years of billing and receivables, with at least 2-3 years in A/E environment.
- Knowledge of Vision 5.1 Software or other accounting platform, a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others and under strict deadlines. Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set and readjust priorities as required for timely results.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Services Manager, as necessary.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and all other relevant documents address to;
National Project Coordinator
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.