UNISA Online Postgraduate Courses 2019
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission.
- first-time Unisa applicants
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification
- applicants completing an undergraduate qualification who wish to continue with postgraduate studies
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and received feedback, but did not register for any reason.
Based on Unisa’s application and selection process, you will not automatically be accepted to study through Unisa in 2019 even if you meet the general academic admission requirements for a qualification. Unisa will assess your application according to the academic admission requirements for your qualification of choice, your final mark received at undergraduate level and the number of places available for the qualification for which you have applied.
What’s new for 2019?
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
- If you were previously registered with Unisa, Unisa will send the outcome of your application to your myLife e-mail account. Please check this e-mail account regularly for information. If you have forgotten your myUnisa / myLife password, please go to myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za) to update your password. If you are a first-time Unisa applicant and do not have a myLife e-mail address, Unisa will communicate with you via the e-mail address and cellphone number provided during the application period.
Check your documents & confirm that you are ready to apply
Please note that if you don’t meet the exact requirements listed below, your application will be declined and you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
I am sure…
- that Open Distance Learning (ODL) and Unisa are for me
- about my career
- that I have chosen the correct Unisa qualification(s) for my career choice
- that I meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice
- that I have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number (please provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process)
I have the following documents scanned & uploaded to an electronic device
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
*A SAQA evaluation may be required for international students
** Final-year students (excluding Unisa students) who do not yet have an official academic record indicating completion of qualification must submit the official academic record to Unisa by 15 December 2018. Submission after this date could delay the processing of your application.
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
*Some qualifications may require additional documents. Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and / to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting fraudulent documents is an offence in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.
I am sure that my documents are scanned according to the rules
Follow the instructions carefully when completing the online application process. Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file)
How to apply?
Ways to apply
You can only apply online (currently closed).
Upload supporting documents
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification).