UNISA Online Registration Problems 2019
UNISA Online Registration Problems – Online registration guidelines
When can I register?
Online registrations open
Online registrations close
(approved applicants & re-registering students)
|3 January 2019||29 March 2019|
Doctor of Business Leadership
*Students registering for the MBA and MBL qualifications must contact the Graduate School of Business Leadership for registration dates and the registration process: www.unisa.ac.za/sbl
|3 January 2019||31 March|
|3 January 2019||25 January 2019|
The following qualifications have different registration dates:
- All qualifications in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology (excluding Computing qualifications)
- Doctor of Philosophy (90040) – MIT option
- Doctor of Philosophy (90040) – SET option
- Master of Science in Nature Conservation (Full Dissertation) (98022)
- Qualifications in the Department of Decision Sciences (Quantitative Management & Operations Research)
Time limits for this degree
All master’s and doctoral qualifications are structured over a defined period. Refer to sections 4.12 and 4.13 in the Procedures for master’s and doctoral degrees.
- Coursework master’s degree: A student registered for a 180-credit structured coursework master’s degree must complete the study programme within three years. A student may make application to the Registrar for one additional year of study. The Registrar will consult with the Executive Dean of the College in which the student is registered.
- Research master’s degree: A student registered for a 180-credit structured research master’s degree must complete the study programme within three years. A student may make application to the Registrar for one additional year of study. The Registrar will consult with the Executive Dean of the College in which the student is registered.
- Doctoral degree: A student registered for a research doctoral programme must complete the study programme within six years. A student may make application to the Registrar for one additional year of study who will only consider the application if it is recommended by the Executive Dean of the College in which the student is registered.
Online registration guidelines
Unisa’s online registration process is quick and simple. Follow these steps to ensure that your registration is submitted successfully.
- Enter your student number in the block provided and follow the links.
- Check your contact details on the screen and change any details that are incorrect.
- Enter the module(s) for which you want to register. Ensure that you meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the module(s) you have selected. Also ensure that you have correctly entered the module code(s).
- If you select structured / coursework master’s degree modules, please check Unisa provisional examination timetable to ensure that there are no examination date clashes.
- If you submit your registration without payment, your registration will not be finalised until the university has received the minimum registration fee within the relevant registration period (you will only be registered once Unisa has received your study fees). The fee information / minimum amount payable relevant to your qualification will be displayed once your have completed your online registration process.
- If you receive an error message during the registration process, please click on the “submit to advisor” button.
- Your registration will only be finalised once Unisa has received your study fees. All fees must be paid by the relevant closing date for registration.
- Incorrect registrations will be amended in compliance with college / qualification rules.