University of Liberia (UL) Admission Requirements
Requirements for admissions to the University of Liberia include:
- A one time, none refundable application fee of L$ 1,500.00 and US$ 50.00 for foreign students:
- A high school Diploma/WEAC Certificate/GCE advance level;
- High school Transcript that include ( 10th, 11th, & 12th grades);
- One letter of recommendation typed and signed by the head of the last institution attended
- A recent health certificate ( from a recognized hospital, not clinic);
- Two recent passport size photographs;
When to Apply
Apply for admissions as early as possible. Applications are processed as they are received. If you are currently attending high school, you may apply after the completion of high school or a 12th grader who is eligible for graduation is qualified to take the entrance and placement examination.
Who Can Apply
At a minimum, applicants are expected to have graduated from high school.
Admission applicant categories include:
Beginner: An applicant, who is expected to graduate from high school during the current school year or has graduated from high school years back, can still utilize the opportunity of earning college degree.
Transfer: An applicant who has previously enrolled at the University of Liberia and for any other reason he or she drop out of school and wanting to transfer his/her credits outside of the University of Liberia to an accredited college or university, he/she must contact the OEM.
- Inter Departmental transfer: A student who is attending or has attended another department of the University of Liberia can transfer to any department of their choice with the cumulative grade point of 2.500, must have stayed in that department for two semesters and above, must have done thirty four credit hours and above for the two semesters he/she is requesting the transfer.
- International Student: A student who is from a country outside of Liberia, wanting to enroll, will only be accepted into the science college with sixty credit hours and above from an accredited University.
- Returning Student: A student who has previously withdrawn or was dropped because of poor academic standing from the University of Liberia, can reapply for readmission.
- Second Degree: Applicants that has already earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Liberia and now intends to pursue a certificate or second bachelor’s degree are also legible.
- Graduate Student: An applicant who has already received a bachelor’s degree from a university, and wants to pursue a master’s degree at UL can also apply.
Enrollment Procedures at the five colleges to the Undergraduate program at the University of Liberia are:
1. The candidate must be a high graduate:
2. He/she must sit and pass the UL entrance and placement examination administered by the Testing and Evaluation Center of the University of Liberia:
3. Call the Office of Admissions at +231-886511695/+231-775662041/+231 0886472601 for enquiry.