University of California Miller Scholarship – Study In USA
Miller Scholarship is a scholarship scheme of University of California, Berkeley. This scholarship scheme is named after Gorge A. Miller. There are hundreds of student, who are from low income family and do not continue education after high school because of the financial condition. There are students whose family don’t think higher education is important because there is no such educated person in those families. Financial obstacle and family obstacle makes it really difficult for the students to get admitted in university to complete undergraduate education program. Miller Scholarship is funded to help this kind of student. Student with high potential, outstanding academic achievement and with leadership power but from low income first generation family are awarded with this scholarship, so that they can get admitted in undergraduate education program.
Benefit of the Scholarship:
Miller scholarship has two different types of benefits. Student who choose to be benefited by community service, receives one type of benefit. And students who want to be benefited by research, receives another types of benefit.
- $7000 for research
- $5000 stipend in summer
Every year only 12 students are selected for Miller Scholarship Program. The selection is done based on some certain eligibility. Those are :
- Applicant must be a student who is willing to get admitted in undergraduate program in University of California, Berkeley.
- Student must be a transfer student from any of the community colleges of California.
- Student must be from low income first generation family. Means he/she is the first one to get admitted in undergraduate program.
- Must be a permanent resident of United States
- Student must posses leadership power and must have academic merit.
Based on these eligibility, the selection board selects the students for Miller Scholarship program.
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship, use the link below. It’ll redirect you to the scholarship application page.